Código de referencia
Título
Fecha(s)
- 1885-1999 (Creación)
Nivel de descripción
Volumen y soporte
Nombre del productor
Institución archivística
Historia archivística
Origen del ingreso o transferencia
Alcance y contenido
St Patrick’s Training College for Teachers (College of Education) was founded by the Archbishop of Dublin in 1871 and entrusted to the Vincentians. Originally located in what was until recently the Sacred Heart Home, currently the headquarters of the Chaplaincy for Deaf People, 40 Lr. Drumcondra Road. It moved to its present location (which had been the Novitiate of the Christian Brothers) in 1883. Its most significant transformation took place in the 1960s and later, when there was a huge building programme, and the college began to accept women students. Subsequently its courses were raised to degree level and integrated first into the UCD Education Programme and later that of Dublin City University. The Vincentians withdrew from administration of the College in 1999.