Deelarchief DCR - Saint Patrick's, Drumcondra

referentie code

IE / CMI/DCR

Titel

Saint Patrick's, Drumcondra

Datum(s)

  • 1885-1999 (Vervaardig)

Beschrijvingsniveau

Deelarchief

Omvang en medium

Naam van de archiefvormer

archiefbewaarplaats

Geschiedenis van het archief

Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging

Bereik en inhoud

St Patrick’s Training College for Teachers (College of Education) was founded by the Archbishop of Dublin in 1871 and entrusted to the Vincentians. Originally located in what was until recently the Sacred Heart Home, currently the headquarters of the Chaplaincy for Deaf People, 40 Lr. Drumcondra Road. It moved to its present location (which had been the Novitiate of the Christian Brothers) in 1883. Its most significant transformation took place in the 1960s and later, when there was a huge building programme, and the college began to accept women students. Subsequently its courses were raised to degree level and integrated first into the UCD Education Programme and later that of Dublin City University. The Vincentians withdrew from administration of the College in 1999.

Waardering, vernietiging en slectie

Aanvullingen

Ordeningstelsel

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging

Voorwaarden voor reproductie

Taal van het materiaal

    Schrift van het materiaal

      Taal en schrift aantekeningen

      Fysieke eigenschappen en technische eisen

      Toegangen

      Bestaan en verblifplaats van originelen

      Bestaan en verblijfplaats van kopieën

      Related units of description

      Related descriptions

      Alternative identifier(s)

      Onderwerp trefwoord

      Geografische trefwoorden

      Naam ontsluitingsterm

      Genre access points

      Identificatie van de beschrijving

      Identificatiecode van de instelling

      Toegepaste regels en/of conventies

      Status

      Niveau van detaillering

      Verwijdering van datering archiefvorming

      Taal (talen)

        Schrift(en)

          Bronnen

          Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik