Cote
Titre
Date(s)
- 1910 (Création/Production)
Niveau de description
Étendue matérielle et support
Black and white print
Nom du producteur
Histoire archivistique
Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert
Portée et contenu
A photograph of Fr. Peter Bowe OFM Cap. speaking at the opening of Father Mathew Park in Fairview in Dublin.
Évaluation, élimination et calendrier de conservation
Accroissements
Mode de classement
Conditions d'accès
Conditions de reproduction
Langue des documents
Écriture des documents
Notes de langue et graphie
Caractéristiques matérielle et contraintes techniques
Instruments de recherche
Existence et lieu de conservation des originaux
Existence et lieu de conservation des copies
Unités de description associées
Note
The park was located just off Windsor Avenue (near Philipsburgh Avenue) and at the rear of the Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Fairview. The Capuchins obtained possession of a three-acre field on the site. The field was used as a location for events organised by a local temperance association including outings, summer concerts, and fundraising for the poor of the parish. Notably, Father Mathew Park was later used by the Irish Volunteers for drilling and rifle practice. The Volunteers also used the park as an assembly point for the collection and storage of arms during the Howth gunrunning incident in July 1914 and later during the 1916 Rising. The association of the Capuchins with the park ceased in 1917. No trace of Father Mathew Park exists today as St. Mary’s National School was constructed on the grounds in 1953.