Código de referência
Título
Data(s)
- c.1945 (Produção)
Nível de descrição
Dimensão e suporte
Black and white print
Nome do produtor
Entidade detentora
História do arquivo
Fonte imediata de aquisição ou transferência
Âmbito e conteúdo
A print of a drawing of the Crawford School of Art (now the Crawford Art Gallery) in Cork. The illustration is by Somhairle McCann, Principal of the School of Art from 1937 to 1967.
Avaliação, seleção e eliminação
Incorporações
Sistema de arranjo
Condições de acesso
Condiçoes de reprodução
Idioma do material
Sistema de escrita do material
Notas ao idioma e script
Características físicas e requisitos técnicos
Instrumentos de descrição
Existência e localização de originais
Existência e localização de cópias
Unidades de descrição relacionadas
Nota
For biographical information on Somhairle McCann (1901-1975) see https://www.dib.ie/biography/mac-cana-somhairle-soirle-a5116
Nota
The Crawford building is historic, originally built in 1724 as Cork’s Custom House. In 1830 the Custom House building was given to the Royal Cork Institution which opened a school of design on the site in 1850. A substantial extension was added in 1884, providing purpose-built galleries for exhibiting paintings and sculptures. The extension was funded at the expense of William Horatio Crawford (1815-1888), a local businessman, brewer, philanthropist, and art collector. The school was renamed the Crawford School of Art in his honour in 1885. In 1979 the college of art was transferred to a different location in the city and since then the Crawford building has been used primarily as a public gallery and museum.