Deel 3 - 138-140 Church Street

referentie code

IE CA CS/2/2/3

Titel

138-140 Church Street

Datum(s)

  • 1784-1914 (Vervaardig)

Beschrijvingsniveau

Deel

Omvang en medium

7 items and 6 files; Manuscript, typescript and printed

Naam van de archiefvormer

archiefbewaarplaats

Geschiedenis van het archief

Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging

Bereik en inhoud

This section includes deeds, leases and other legal documents relating to the title to three houses fronting onto Church Street (nos. 138-140) which subsequently became part of the present-day Capuchin Friary. It was evident that Fr. Nicholas Murphy OSFC (1849-1923) and the other Capuchins friars were eager to purchase these derelict properties with the intention of ‘pulling down the houses’ in order to expand the Friary. In 1886, Fr. Nicholas succeeded in acquiring these plots which later became part of the Friary garden. By 1914, a solicitor reported that all traces of the original buildings and houses had completely disappeared.

Waardering, vernietiging en slectie

Aanvullingen

Ordeningstelsel

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging

Voorwaarden voor reproductie

Taal van het materiaal

    Schrift van het materiaal

      Taal en schrift aantekeningen

      Fysieke eigenschappen en technische eisen

      Toegangen

      Bestaan en verblifplaats van originelen

      Bestaan en verblijfplaats van kopieën

      Related units of description

      Related descriptions

      Alternative identifier(s)

      Onderwerp trefwoord

      Geografische trefwoorden

      Naam ontsluitingsterm

      Genre access points

      Identificatie van de beschrijving

      Identificatiecode van de instelling

      Toegepaste regels en/of conventies

      Status

      Niveau van detaillering

      Verwijdering van datering archiefvorming

      Taal (talen)

        Schrift(en)

          Bronnen

          Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik