Fonds IE/SJCH - Sisters of St. Joseph Chambery

page 1 page 2 page 3 page 4 page 5 page 6 page 7 page 8 page 9 page 1
Results 1 to 10 of 28 Show all
Original Digital object not accessible

Reference code



Sisters of St. Joseph Chambery


  • 1939 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

Approximately 10 archival boxes.

Name of creator

(1939- present)

Administrative history

The Sisters of St. Joseph Chambery arrived in Wales from India in 1939. In 1958 they founded a house in Dublin at the invitation of Archbishop John Charles McQuaid.
This is the current site of St. Josephs hospital, Raheny. They sold this hospital in 1997, but still maintain a convent on the same site.

In 1977 they also bought a house for the purposes of supporting a novitiate, but sold this in 2005.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

  • General Chapters
  • Provincial Chapters
  • Correspondence
  • Histories of the Order
  • Photographic collection

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

A limited section of the Archive is open to the public, at the discretion of the Archivist, and by prior appointment only.

Contact +3531-8774959 or +3531-8478351.

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Alternative identifier(s)

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area