IE SSJCH IE/SJCH
Sisters of St. Joseph Chambery
- 1939 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Approximately 10 archival boxes.
Name of creator
The Sisters of St. Joseph Chambery arrived in Wales from India in 1939. In 1958 they founded a house in Dublin at the invitation of Archbishop John Charles McQuaid.
This is the current site of St. Josephs hospital, Raheny. They sold this hospital in 1997, but still maintain a convent on the same site.
In 1977 they also bought a house for the purposes of supporting a novitiate, but sold this in 2005.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Scope and content
- General Chapters
- Provincial Chapters
- Histories of the Order
- Photographic collection
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions governing access
A limited section of the Archive is open to the public, at the discretion of the Archivist, and by prior appointment only.
Contact +3531-8774959 or +3531-8478351.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Sisters of St. Joseph Chambery (Subject)
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata
March 11, 2020 8:33 AM