Subfonds DCR - Saint Patrick's, Drumcondra

Reference code

IE / CMI/DCR

Title

Saint Patrick's, Drumcondra

Date(s)

  • 1885-1999 (Creation)

Level of description

Subfonds

Extent and medium

Name of creator

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

St Patrick’s Training College for Teachers (College of Education) was founded by the Archbishop of Dublin in 1871 and entrusted to the Vincentians. Originally located in what was until recently the Sacred Heart Home, currently the headquarters of the Chaplaincy for Deaf People, 40 Lr. Drumcondra Road. It moved to its present location (which had been the Novitiate of the Christian Brothers) in 1883. Its most significant transformation took place in the 1960s and later, when there was a huge building programme, and the college began to accept women students. Subsequently its courses were raised to degree level and integrated first into the UCD Education Programme and later that of Dublin City University. The Vincentians withdrew from administration of the College in 1999.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

    Script of material

      Language and script notes

      Physical characteristics and technical requirements

      Finding aids

      Existence and location of originals

      Existence and location of copies

      Related units of description

      Related descriptions

      Alternative identifier(s)

      Subject access points

      Place access points

      Name access points

      Genre access points

      Description identifier

      Institution identifier

      Rules and/or conventions used

      Status

      Level of detail

      Dates of creation revision deletion

      Language(s)

        Script(s)

          Sources

          Accession area