Código de referencia
IE CA CP/1/1/3/13/2
Título
O’Connell Bridge and Eden Quay, Dublin
Fecha(s)
- c.1960 (Creación)
Nivel de descripción
Parte
Volumen y soporte
Black and white print
Nombre del productor
(1615-2023)
Institución archivística
Historia archivística
Origen del ingreso o transferencia
Alcance y contenido
A view of O’Connell Bridge and Eden Quay, Dublin, in about 1960. The Corinthian Cinema is a noticeable landmark on the left of the image. Originally rebuilt after the 1916 destruction of this part of city, the cinema opened in 1921. It was designed by T.F. McNamara with internal alterations to the auditorium in the 1930s by Jones & Kelly. It was apparently given the name ‘The Ranch’ because of the number of westerns it screened. The Corinthian closed in July 1975 but in October of the same year it re-opened as a two-screen cinema called the Odeon. The cinema closed its doors for the final time in 1993. The building was finally demolished in late 2002 to make way for a commercial development.