- 1946-1954 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
16 items; 18 cm x 13 cm; 14.5 cm x 10 cm; 11 cm x 8 cm; 8 cm x 6.5 cm; Black and white print; negative; manuscript
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Scope and content
Letter from Fr. Xavier Reardon OFM Cap. (1899-1986) to Fr. Henry Anglin OFM Cap. enclosing photographs for use in an article on Capuchin missionaries in India. The letter is dated 22 Nov. 1954. The file includes the following images:
• The new Church of St. Anthony in Delhi.
• The Most Rev. Sylvester Mulligan OFM Cap., Archbishop of Delhi-Simla, on a visit to a school in Karnal, India.
• Fr. Xavier with catechists in 1946.
• Schools among the Bhil people in West India.
• Bhilala people in Central India.
• Archbishop Mulligan on visitation in a village outside Delhi.
• Fr. Theodore Murphy OFM Cap. (1912-1993) in a local village.
• Holy Family Hospital in Delhi founded by the Medical Missionaries of Mary.
• Archbishop Mulligan performing a baptism in Khera Khurd outside Delhi (negative).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
See the article by Archbishop Mulligan titled ‘Delhi-Simla and its Missions’, 'The Capuchin Annual' (1944), pp 177-84. http://annual.capuchinfranciscans.ie/1944/html5/
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata