Showing 2 results

Archival description
Seminary
Advanced search options
Print preview Hierarchy View:

All Hallows College

The collection relates to the Vincentian work done in All Hallows College (AHC) from 1892, when the Congregation of the Mission (Vincentians) took over the administration of the college, to 2016 when the Vincentians gave up the running of AHC. Contains financial, spiritual and architectural reports and considerations of the college as run by the Vincentians.

Irish Vincentian Province

Blackrock

Castleknock had been the Vincentian Seminary from 1835 until 1873, when St Joseph’s Seminary College, Blackrock, was purchased. The building was found to be too small for the number of students, and a second building, which has been subsequently again demolished, was built in 1887. This second building was used for classes, for a residence for the students and had a chapel. The older building, Prospect House, was then used as the priests’ residence. It had previously been a Protestant School.

In 1977, the seminary college moved to De Paul House, Celbridge, and the Vincentian residence moved to 44 Stillorgan Park, Blackrock.

Irish Vincentian Province