Part 42 - Church of the Four Masters, Donegal Town

Open original Digital object

Reference code

IE CA CP/1/1/1/2/42


Church of the Four Masters, Donegal Town


  • c.1940 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

Black and white print

Name of creator

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

A view of the Church of the Four Masters on Main Street in Donegal Town in about 1940. The church was built to designs by Ralph Henry Byrne (1877-1946) and was constructed between 1931 and 1935. It was dedicated on St. Patrick's Day in 1935 by the Most Rev. William MacNeely, Bishop of Raphoe.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description


Faded printed annotation on the reverse of the print suggests that the photograph was taken by Keogh Bros. Ltd., Photographic Studio, Dorset Street, Dublin.

Alternative identifier(s)

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places