Part 6 - 141 Church Street and 1-3 Thunder’s Court

Reference code

IE CA CS/2/2/6

Title

141 Church Street and 1-3 Thunder’s Court

Date(s)

  • 1858-1969 (Creation)

Level of description

Part

Extent and medium

4 items and 5 files; Manuscript and typescript

Name of creator

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

This section includes deeds, leases and other related legal documents relating to title for 141 Church Street and properties at the rear thereof known as 1-3 Thunder’s Court. By the late 1880s, St. Mary of the Angels and the adjoining Capuchin Friary had been built, but the lack of any extra ground, apart from the sites on which these buildings stood, remained a great inconvenience. As part of an extension plan, a lease of the aforementioned properties was secured in 1888. This section also includes a lease of a property known as no. 151 Church Street dated 7 Sept. 1920.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

    Script of material

      Language and script notes

      Physical characteristics and technical requirements

      Finding aids

      Existence and location of originals

      Existence and location of copies

      Related units of description

      Related descriptions

      Alternative identifier(s)

      Subject access points

      Place access points

      Name access points

      Genre access points

      Description identifier

      Institution identifier

      Rules and/or conventions used

      Status

      Level of detail

      Dates of creation revision deletion

      Language(s)

        Script(s)

          Sources

          Accession area