Series 2 - 'The Father Mathew Record' (later 'Eirigh')

Open original Digital object

Reference code

IE CA CP/2

Title

'The Father Mathew Record' (later 'Eirigh')

Date(s)

  • 1928-1973 (Creation)

Level of description

Series

Extent and medium

8 files; Manuscript; Typescript; Copybook; Printed

Name of creator

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

The first number of 'The Father Mathew Record' was published in January 1908. It was founded and edited by Fr. Aloysius Travers OFM Cap. (1870-1957). 1967 marked the last year of the publication under the title of 'The Father Mathew Record'. From 1968 until it ceased publication in 1973, the publication was known as 'Eirigh'. Very little content has survived for the publication for the years prior to the assumption of the editorship of 'Eirigh' by Fr. Donal O’Mahony OFM Cap. (1936-2010) in the late 1960s.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

    Script of material

      Language and script notes

      Physical characteristics and technical requirements

      Finding aids

      Existence and location of originals

      Existence and location of copies

      Related units of description

      Alternative identifier(s)

      Subject access points

      Place access points

      Name access points

      Genre access points

      Description identifier

      Institution identifier

      Rules and/or conventions used

      Status

      Level of detail

      Dates of creation revision deletion

      Language(s)

        Script(s)

          Sources

          Digital object (Master) rights area

          Digital object (Reference) rights area

          Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

          Accession area