- 1922 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
28 items; Clipping
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Scope and content
Original newspaper clippings relating to the Civil War assembled by the editors of 'The Capuchin Annual'. The file comprises clippings from the 'Cork Examiner' and the 'Evening Echo' and contains reports on hostilities between Free State forces and republicans mainly in Munster.
The file includes:
• ‘Heavy Firing in Limerick City / Encounter in Clare / Commandant Breen’s Declaration’, 'Cork Examiner', 13 July 1922.
• 'Cork Examiner', 15 July 1922.
• 'Cork Examiner', 30-31 July 1922.
• ‘Cork and Peace / Harry Boland Shot / Cork Coachmakers’ Strike’, 'Evening Echo', 2 Aug. 1922.
• ‘Manufacturing Atrocities / Protest by Free State Soldiers’. 'Cork Examiner', 4 Aug. 1922.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
The digital image shows a clipping of photographic prints of the destroyed infantry and cavalry barracks in Waterford in July 1922. The clipping is extant in this file.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata