Photographic prints compiled for a feature commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of the 1916 Rising, published in 'The Capuchin Annual' (1967), pp 101-30. The article was titled ‘Ireland remembers with pride Easter Week 1916 in Golden Jubilee celebrations’. Many of the prints are of various parades of veterans and civic events commemorating the Rising. Some of the prints are annotated on the reverse giving location, photographer and copyright information. The file includes prints from the 'Irish Press', Kennelly’s Photo Works, Tralee, and the 'Cork Examiner'. Includes images of parades and commemorations in Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Limerick, Dundalk, Tralee, Tullamore, Waterford, and London. The file includes the following images:
• Jubilee Parade at the GPO on O’Connell Street, Dublin.
• Florence Monteith Lynch and Nuala Creagh at Banna Strand, County Kerry.
• 1916 commemoration in Tullamore, County Offaly.
• Siobhan McKenna reads the 1916 proclamation in Eyre Square, Galway.
• Republican gathering at Thomas Kent’s grave in St. Finbarr’s Cemetery, Cork.
• Members of Cumann na mBan and the old-IRA at the unveiling of a monument in Ennis, County Clare.
The file also includes a small number of related newspaper clippings.