Mostrando 7 resultados

Descripción archivística
Receipt and Expenditure Ledger
IE CA CS/3/1/7 · Unidad documental compuesta · 25 August 1907-29 Dec. 1929
Parte de Irish Capuchin Archives

Ledger and account book for the Capuchin community at St. Mary of the Angels, Church Street. The ledger provides a daily record of income received and expenses incurred by the community. Notes are made of income derived from mass stipends, street collections, sodalities, Third Order payments and temperance publications. Reference is also made to monies received from donations, alms, bequests, and cheques. Expenses include travel tickets, lay staff wages, groceries, building repairs and other sundries. An entry from November 1908 refers to the payment of £30 to John Keogh for the completion of work on the Calvary at St. Mary of the Angels. The entries are periodically signed by the Friary Guardian and by the Provincial Minister at visitations.
Manuscript annotation on first page reads:
‘Particulars supplied to the Archbishop at his Grace’s request.
Church of St Mary of the Angels – building was begun June 12th 1868. Total cost including altar pulpit, altar rails, organ but not furniture was £60,000
Architect, James McCarthy
Contractors, Michael Meade & son.
The Sacred Heart Chapel built as an aisle church was begun in March 1908. Cost: £4,000.
Architects, Ashlin & Coleman
Contractors, Thomas Connolly’.
A later annotation (in the hand of Fr. Angelus Healy OFM Cap.) reads:
‘House ledger from October 1907 (Fr. Laurence Dowling, Guardian) to December 1929 (Fr. Angelus Healy, Guardian)’.
A List of Friary Guardians is supplied:
1907-1910, Fr. Laurence [Dowling]
1910-1913, Fr. Angelus [Healy]
1913-1916, Fr. Augustine [Hayden]
1916-1919, Fr. Fiacre [Brophy]
1919-1925, Fr. Benedict [Phelan]
1925-1928, Fr. Edward [Walsh]
1928-1931, Fr. Angelus [Healy]
1931-1934, Fr. Edward [Walsh]

IE CA CS/2/5/13 · Unidad documental simple · c.1908-1909
Parte de Irish Capuchin Archives

Scale: 8 feet to 1 inch
Plan and elevation by George Coppinger Ashlin & Thomas Aloysius Coleman, architects, 7 Dawson Street, for the new Sacred Heart Chapel designed for Fr. Laurence Dowling OSFC, Guardian, Church Street. The Sacred Heart Chapel was an aisle-church addition to St. Mary of the Angels. Construction was begun in March 1908 and was completed a year later at a cost of £4,000. The contractors were W. Connolly & Son and plastering work was completed by John Ryan. The design includes a ground floor plan, a side elevation from the friary garden, a longitudinal section, a front elevation, and a cross section.

IE CA CS/2/6/1/2 · Unidad documental compuesta · 21 Jan. 1908-5 Jan. 1910
Parte de Irish Capuchin Archives

Correspondence of William Connolly & Son, contractors, 37-39 Upper Dominick Street, Dublin, regarding the repair and decoration of the altar and other furnishings (including confessional boxes) at St. Mary of the Angels, Church Street. Correspondents include William Connolly, Ashlin & Coleman, architects, 7 Dawson Street, and Fr. Laurence Dowling OSFC, guardian, Church Street. On 21 Jan. 1908 William Connolly proposed to Ashlin & Coleman that he would ‘execute the works in the manufacture and erection of screens at St. Mary of the Angels … in accordance with your designs … for the sum of £575. The work to be executed in the best, seasoned Austrian oak, wax polished, and in the highest class of workmanship’. Other work included the building of a new stone porch to the south side of the Church. With bill of costs for said works. See also CA CS/2/6/1/1.

IE CA IR-1/7/2/9 · Unidad documental compuesta · Jan. 1920
Parte de Irish Capuchin Archives

The fliers claim the support of Fr. Laurence Dowling OFM Cap. and Fr. Albert Bibby OFM Cap., Capuchin Franciscan Friary, Church Street, calling them ‘distinguished representatives of the Order which in dark and evil days held aloft the lamp of learning in Ireland’. Father Lawrence wrote ‘I am glad Mr. John Farren is seeking election as a member of the Dublin Corporation. …’. The fliers were printed by Mitchell & Co., 29 Capel Street, Dublin, and published by the candidate.

Capuchin Friars, Church Street, Dublin
IE CA CP/3/16/48/38 · Parte · c.1892
Parte de Irish Capuchin Archives

A group of Capuchin priests and novices in the garden of the Church Street Friary in Dublin. A manuscript annotation provides the names of the friars. The group includes Aloysius Travers OFM Cap., Sebastian O’Brien, Stanislaus Walsh OFM Cap., Peter Bowe OFM Cap., Laurence Dowling OFM Cap., Paschal Stapleton OFM Cap., and Luke Sheehan OFM Cap.