Reference code
IE CA DL/6/15
Title
Ards House
Date(s)
- Feb. 1967 (Creation)
Level of description
File
Extent and medium
8 pp; Copy clipping
Name of creator
(1615-2023)
Repository
Archival history
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Scope and content
A photocopy of an article titled ‘Ards House’ published in 'The Father Mathew Record' (Feb. 1967), pp 17-24. The article was written by Edward MacIntyre with an introduction by Fr. Benedict Cullen OFM Cap. The article provides a history of Ards House and the former Stewart-Bam estate. The article headings are as follows: The Lifford Inquisition, John (‘half-hanged’) MacNaughton, The builder of Ards House, Road from Letterkenny, Magistrate, Beggard the Estate, Uncle of Lord Castlereagh, Land Acts, Chapel and Choir, and A Greater Landlord. The article also publishes two images of Lady Ena Stewart and the staff of Ards House.