Photographic prints (colour) of the demolition of the old Capuchin Friary building on Church Street. The file contains two soft-bound albums (22 cm x 17.5 cm) containing fifteen and twenty-four colour prints of various views of the old friary building, the process of demolition and the construction of the new Friary building on the said site. With 106 loose prints showing various stages of the construction work. The photographs were taken by Fr. Christopher Twomey OFM Cap.
Letter from Ciaran Dunne, Dublin Corporation, to Fr. Seán Donohoe OFM Cap. re the proposed addition of St. Mary of the Angels, Church Street, to the Record of Protected Structures in Dublin. The letter encloses a short history of St. Mary of the Angels and a copy notice listing all of the proposed additions to the Record of Protected Structures in the Dublin City Development Plan (3 Jan. 2002). The particulars regarding St. Mary of the Angels read: ‘Today’s church was designed by J.J. McCarthy in what was called decorated gothic. … It was begun in 1868 but not completed until 1881’.
This section includes various books and journals of account (for example, ledgers of accounts payable, accounts received and cash receipts). The records detail annual audits and routine household and community expenditure. The series also includes records relating to tax returns and bills (property and municipal rates), and insurance policies covering fire, engineering, and public liabilities. Accounts of monies derived from street collections and annual quests are also included in this section.
Day account book for the Capuchin community at St. Mary of the Angels, Church Street. The volume contains entries for routine household expenses incurred by members of the community. The title page is annotated and reads: ‘Day book, 4 Feb. 1893, Fr. Francis Hayes OSFC, guardian’. Some of the entries are endorsed ‘transferred to ledger’. Many of the entries are also signed by the guardian. The next volume in this sequence is at CA CS/3/1/7.
A copy of an exhibition catalogue of small bronze figures by Riccardo Assanti and watercolours of Liliah Assanti-O’Brien at the Gorrey Gallery on Molesworth Street in Dublin.
A program for a recital by the Irish baritone Michael O’Higgins at Marymount College in New York.
A copy of a pamphlet titled ‘Manete in Dilectione Mea / the heart of Jesus and the Priest’ (London: Salesian Press, 1930).
A copy of a flier titled the ‘Priests’ League’ (Vol. 1, No. 1, 1908). The flier was printed issued in Scottdale, Pennsylvania, and was most likely issued by a local branch of the Catholic Total Abstinence Union of America.
A copy of a pamphlet titled ‘The Life of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ / with numerous illustrative notes / by Rev. Henry Butter / Part 10’ (Dublin: A. Fullerton, 67 Abbey Street, [c.1850]). The items appears incomplete.
A drawing of St. Kevin’s Kitchen (also known as St. Kevin’s Church), a twelfth century nave-and-chancel church at the monastic settlement in Glendalough in County Wicklow. The illustration is dated and initialled by Peter Frederick Anson. A newspaper clipping reproducing the drawing and titled ‘A pilgrim’s sketchbook by Peter F. Anson / St. Kevin’s Kitchen, Glendalough’ is present on the reverse.