Assignment of Patrick Regan, North King Street, baker and corn merchant, to Fr. Lawrence Gallerani OSFC, Provincial Minister of the Capuchin community, Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly OSFC, Vicar of the said community, and Fr. James Edward Tommins OSFC, who jointly act as trustees for the Church Street community of friars. The deed notes that all the properties and interests of Patrick McDaniel and Richard Lynch as recited in the above-noted leases of 1 Jan. 1796 and 1 Sept. 1829 (See CA CS/2/2/4/2 and CA CS/2/2/4/5) are vested in Patrick Regan who agrees to assign the un-expired residue of the terms of these leases to the Capuchins. In consideration of £350. A portion of this purchase money (£300) is to be paid on the execution of the abstracting deed and the remaining £50 is to be paid within five years. The properties on North King Street are now known as nos. 49 and 50. The assignment also refers to a yard between Patrick Mathews’ holding on North Brunswick Street and the aforementioned Patrick Regan’s holding on North King Street ‘upon which he has erected a bakery and bakehouse ... being the entire premises comprised in an indenture of lease of the 13th day of June 1856’. With copy.
Cheque payment book of for the Capuchin friars, Holy Trinity Friary. The book provides details and accounts of expenditure in respect of wages, utilities, travel, accounts, newspapers, stationary etc. The individual expenses are numbered sequentially for each month.
Demand notices, certificates and notes concerning payment of income tax in respect of properties described in schedules as 8-10 Father Mathew Quay and 16 Queen Street, Cork.
Policy of fire insurance from the Law Union & Crown Insurance Company, 126 Chancery Lane, London, with Fr. Fiacre Bartholomew Brophy OSFC, Fr. Matthew Thomas O’Connor OSFC, Father Mathew Quay, and Fr. Augustine John Hayden OSFC, Rochestown, covering 24 South Mall, Cork, for £800.
Letter from the Irish National Assurance Company Ltd., 92 South Mall, Cork, to Fr. Flannan Downing OFM Cap., guardian, concerning an insurance policy for the heating installation at Holy Trinity Church.
Letter from W.P. Fitzgerald, Mitchelstown, County Cork, to Fr. Mel Farrell OFM Cap., guardian, regarding adjustments to the figures supplied by an agent relating to insurance policies taken out by the Cork Capuchins.
Minute book of the Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis attached to Holy Trinity Church, Cork. The title page refers to the role of Fr. Albert Mitchell OSFC (d. 27 Sept. 1893) as spiritual director. The volume contains a record of the monthly meetings of the female members of the sodality. Reference is also made to the receptions and professions of new members, the rules and spirituality of the sodality, and sermons and retreats given by the spiritual director and various Capuchin friars. See also CA/HT/4/8.
Flier marking the Golden Jubilee of the foundation of the Third Order of St. Francis attached to Holy Trinity Church, Father Mathew Quay, Cork. The flier includes an address from Fr. Finbarr O’Callaghan OSFC (1879-1963), Spiritual Director. It reads: ‘On October 4th, 1866, Father Edward (Tommins) OSFC of Kilkenny – a saintly, simple-souled Capuchin Priest – received to membership of the Third Order, 5 young men, the pioneers of the Congregation. Of these pioneers – some of whom entered the First Order subsequently and are known as Brothers Felix and Joseph. … During the past 50 years the Congregation has steadily developed and today it numbers nearly 1,000 members’.
Copy articles (mostly taken from newspapers) referring to an appeal on behalf of persecuted French Capuchins, c.Nov. 1880. See CA HT/7/1; the blessing of the bell of Holy Trinity Church by the Most Rev. William Delany (d. 1886), Bishop of Cork, 24 July 1881; the dedication of St. Joseph’s Church attached to the novitiate at Rochestown Friary, Cork, 7 Nov. 1878; Address to the Rev. Columbus Patrick Maher OSFC from members of the Father Mathew Total Abstinence Sodality of the Sacred Thirst. With his reply. 27 May 1883-30 May 1883. The copies may have been made by Fr. Benvenutus Guy OSFC (1860-1927).
Zonder titel