A copy of the Fall 1974 issue of an official regional publication titled ‘The Capuchins: California – Oregon’. It was published for internal use by the Vice-Province of St. Patrick. It serves as a chronicle of news, spiritual reflections, and historical milestones for the Irish Capuchin Franciscan friars operating on the American West Coast.
Inscribed on the bowl: ‘Capuchin Periodicals Cup. Piano Senior Rosebowl. Do Bhronn an corn so ar Fheis Mhaitiú 1970’. On reverse of the bowl: List of winners from 1972-1997. With lid cover.
A provincial publication titled ‘The Capuchin Bulletin’ (Vol. 17, No. 7), dated August 1980. Published by the Province of St. Mary of New York - New England. The publication credits list Father Paul Steffan OFM Cap. as Minister Provincial in White Plains, New York, and Father Dean Corcoran OFM Cap. as the editor in Yonkers, New York.
Lists of prize-winners for 'The Capuchin Annual' prize draw for 1962-3. With official licences from the Dublin Metropolitan Court for the promotion of a lottery. The file is kept within the covers of an 'Irish Industrial Year Book' (1931) from which the pages have been torn
The series comprises records relating to 'The Capuchin Annual' (1930-77).
Date: 1796
Author: Andrew Fuller
Publisher: London: Printed for, and sold by T. Gardiner, No. 19, Princes-Street, Oxford-Street / Sold also by W. Button, No. 24, Pater-Noster-Row and J. Mathews, Strand.
Full title: 'The Calvinistic and Socinian systems examined and compared as to their moral tendency in a series of letters. Addressed to the friends of vital and practical religion. The third edition. By Andrew Fuller'.
A copy of ‘The California Mission Story’, a booklet providing an historical and visual overview focusing of the various Spanish missions established in California during the colonial period. The text refers to the foundation of Santa Inés in September 1804 by Father Estévan Tapis, noting its location in a beautiful valley devoted to agriculture. It details the 1844 establishment of California’s first seminary, the College of Our Lady of Refuge, which later expanded into the College of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The historical narrative explains that the mission faced heavy political exploitation after being restored to the padres by Governor Micheltorena, eventually becoming prey to politicians in 1846 when the friar was driven out. It concludes by highlighting that restoration work began in 1904 under Father Alexander Buckler and notes that upon his retirement, the mission was entrusted to the Capuchin Franciscan Fathers, who continue to care for its historic bells, murals, and grounds.
A copy of ‘The Bunting Collection of Irish Folk Music and Songs / edited from the original manuscripts by D.J. O’Sullivan / Part V’ (Dublin: Cahill & Co, 1936). The copy has a dedication from Domhnall Ó Súlleabháin to Aodh de Blacam.
Three copies of ‘The Bulletin of the Catholic Total Abstinence Union of America’. The editions cover April 1907 to June 1907. (Vol. 5, nos. 3-5). The newsletter was published in Philadelphia.
A view of the 1798 Monument and the Bull Ring Market area in Wexford Town in about 1955.