Affichage de 4952 résultats

Description archivistique
Image
Options de recherche avancée
Aperçu avant impression Hierarchy Affichage :

4952 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Fund-seeking Fliers for St. Mary of the Angels

Flier for a Grand Bazaar to raise funds for the completion of the Church of St. Mary of the Angels, Church Street, Dublin. The prizes included: ‘30 fat sheep or £100 (1st); pony and phaeton or 50 guineas (2nd); Kerry cow’ (3rd); Diamond ring’ (4th); magnificent medallion, pure gold’ (5th); splendid Harp by Egan’ (6th).

The file also includes a flier for the ‘Lottery for the Marble Pulpit exhibited by the Operative Stonecutters’ Trade Association’, 1 May 1886 and a blank authorisation card for collectors for funds to pay off ‘the heavy debt on this Church and New Convent which is giving the Fathers much anxiety’. The card is authorised by Fr. Albert Mitchell OSFC. Another flier notes that ‘the new Church, which is now nearly completed, but over six thousand pounds in debt, is to be in every way worthy of being the temple of the Living God’. Reference is also made to the previous Capuchin chapel on the site: ‘The inhabitants of the neighbourhood are of the poorest class … at the ceremonies of religion in the old humble Church … the attendance of one thousand weekly attests the virtue of these poor Irish Catholics’. With a newspaper clipping from the 'Irish Press' referring to the discovery of a book of tickets for the said Grand Bazaar draw by Patrick Fitzsimons. The 'Irish Press' clipping is dated 20 October 1949.

Photographs of Model of House of Studies and Ard Mhuire Friary

Photographic prints of an architectural model of the new Capuchin House of Studies and Ard Mhuire Friary, Creeslough, County Donegal. The model was prepared by James Rupert Boyd Barrett, architect, 5 Camden Place, Cork. The photographs show the model from various perspectives.

Retreat Fliers for Ard Mhuire Friary

Fliers advertising retreats at Ard Mhuire Retreat Centre, Creeslough, County Donegal. One of the fliers has photographic print of the exterior of Ard Mhuire Friary and the Retreat House.

Ard Mhuire Community

File of photographic prints of Capuchin friars (and students) at Ard Mhuire Friary in County Donegal. One of the prints shows Fr. Colman Griffin OFM Cap., guardian from 1930-7, with students in the community.

Capuchin Friars at Ards Pier

A photographic print of a group of Capuchin friars and presumably the crew of a boat docked at Ards Pier in County Donegal. The group includes Fr. Godfrey Mannion OFM Cap., Fr. Angelus O'Neill OFM Cap., and Br. Angelus Leahy OFM Cap.

Minister General at Ard Mhuire Friary

Photographic prints of the visit by Fr. Virgilio da Valstagna OFM Cap., Capuchin Minister General, to Ard Mhuire Friary. The file includes a group photograph of Irish friars with Fr. Virgilio. A manuscript annotation on the reverse of one of the prints reads: ‘Ard Mhuire, 1937, Front, left to right, Frs. Andrew, Cassian, Colman (Provincial Minister), Sylvester Mulligan, Fr. Minister General, Frs. Killian Flynn (Prefect Apostolic of Victoria Falls), unknown, Felix and Columban’.

History of the South Friary, Blackamoor Lane, Cork

History of the South Friary, Blackamoor Lane, Cork, by Fr. Francis Hayes OFM Cap. (1866-1946). The manuscript additions and corrections to the text are by Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OFM Cap. The history concludes by noting that the end of the Blackamoor Friary was noted in an ‘Old Account Book of the South Friary: “October 6th 1850. On this Sunday the South Friary was finally closed and the new Church of the Most Holy Trinity was opened on the 10th October being the birthday of the Very Rev. Mr. Theobald Mathew’. With copy photographic print of the old friary building on Blackamoor Lane. The print has been endorsed on the reverse by Fr. Carthage Ruth OFM Cap. It reads ‘Blackamoor Lane off Sullivan’s Quay, Cork city – behind Tax Office, built about 1771 by Friar Arthur O’Leary – used until 1850 when Fr. Mathew Memorial Church of the Holy Trinity was opened for divine worship’.

Hayes, Francis, 1866-1946, Capuchin priest

Copy note re Harry Clarke stained glass windows in Holy Trinity Church

Copy note re Harry Clarke stained glass windows in Holy Trinity Church in Cork. It is remarked that the 'windows were designed and made in the studios of Clark[e] and Son under the supervision of Harry Clarke RHA (now deceased. 1933) and erected in the Franciscan Capuchin Church, Cork, 1928 / The above is in the handwriting of the late Fr. Martin [Hyland OFM Cap.] and he remark[s] that it is a true copy of that supplied by Mr. Clark[e]'. This typescript copy note is pasted into the volume at p. 7.

Résultats 2101 à 2110 sur 4952