Showing 6617 results

Archival description
Irish Capuchin Archives
Print preview Hierarchy View:

3157 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Documents relating to the sale of the premises off Morrison’s Quay

Correspondence, requisitions on title and other legal documents relating to transactions involving a plot of ground behind Morrison’s Quay. The plot adjoined Father Mathew Hall and occupied a site in the vicinity of the junction of Keeffe Street and Catherine Street. Musgrave Brothers Ltd. sold the plot to the Capuchin friars of Holy Trinity in 1961. Other parties with an interest in the premises included the Cork College of Commerce.

Documents relating to the title of Mary Craven to premises on Thunder’s Court, off Church Street

Abstract of title of Mary Craven, widow and administratrix of John Kelly, late of 55 Church Street, broker, to two houses numbered 2 and 3 situated on Thunder’s Court at the rear of Church Street. The abstract commences with a recital of a lease (dated 24 June 1858) by Michael Clarke to John Kelly of the said premises for 93 years at the yearly rent of 2d and in consideration of £40 (See CA CS/2/2/6/1). The abstract concludes with a reference to letters of administration granted under Probate (18 Dec. 1883) to Mary Craven (formerly Mary Kelly of 141 Church Street) for the administration of the personal estate and effects of the said John Kelly (d. 18 Jan. 1865). The file also includes:
• Letters of administration of John Kelly (18 Dec. 1883).
• Assignment by Mary Craven (widow of John Kelly) to Fr. Paul Neary OSFC and other Capuchin friars of the aformentioned premises in consideration of £225. (16 Jan. 1889).
• Letters of administration granted to Elizabeth Kelly, a daughter of Mary Craven (died 5 Mar. 1889) for the administration of her mother’s personal estate and effects. 22 Mar. 1889.
• Draft statement of account given by Elizabeth Kelly of the personal estate and debts of her late mother Mary Craven. The account notes that the amount of money owing from the estate was £107 17s 3d. 10 Apr. 1889.
See also CA CS/2/2/6/5.

Doe Castle

An article on the history of Doe Castle on the shores of Sheephaven Bay near Creeslough, County Donegal. The article was compiled by Sheila MacMahon. A note from the author to Fr. David Kelleher OFM Cap. is extant on the reverse of the last page. The file includes a colour postcard print of a painting of Doe Castle and a short note re the restoration by a local branch of the Legion of Mary of broken or neglected Penal-era Mass Rocks in the area around Doe.

Dominican Friary, Kilmallock, County Limerick

An image of the ruins of the Dominican Friary (also known as St. Saviour's Priory) in Kilmallock in County Limerick. An annotation on the reverse of the print reads 'Dominican Friary, Kilmallock, showing east window'.

Donegal Spinner

An image of a woman at work on a traditional spinning wheel in County Donegal. The caption on the image side of the postcard reads 'A Donegal Spinner'.

Donore Avenue, Dublin

A view of a large townhouse on Donore Avenue in Dublin in about 1950. An annotation on the reverse of the print reads 'A House Formerly at Donore Avenue, South Circular Road, Dublin'. The bell tower just visible in the background of the image is the church of St Thérèse of the Child Jesus built in 1924.

Doo Lough, County Mayo

A colourized postcard print of Doo Lough (in Irish 'Dúloch') in County Mayo. The postcard forms part of the 'Carbo Colour' series published by Valentine & Sons (Dundee & London). (JV View No. 42685).

Results 1601 to 1610 of 6617