Mostrando 3110 resultados

Descripción archivística
Irish Capuchin Archives Con objetos digitales
Imprimir vista previa Hierarchy Ver :

Capuchin Friars, Church Street, Dublin

A group portrait of several Capuchin friars outside the Capuchin Friary on Church Street in Dublin. The photograph may have been taken on the occasion of a jubilee celebration for Fr. Salvator Maria Corrigan OFM Cap. The group includes:
Standing at door: Fr. Benedict Phelan OFM Cap. (1874-1947)
Second row, first on the left: Fr. Angelus Healy OFM Cap. (1875-1953)
Second row, second on the left: Br. Felix Harte OFM Cap. (1861-1935)
Second row, third on the left: Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OFM Cap. (1875-1965)
Second row, fourth on the left: Fr. Peter Bowe OFM Cap. (1856-1926)
Second row, fifth on the left: Fr. Columbus Murphy OFM Cap. (1881-1962)
Second row, sixth on the left: Br. Leo Cronin OFM Cap. (1859-1949)
First row, first on the left: Fr. Sylvester Mulligan OFM Cap. (1975-1950)
First row, second on the left: Fr. Aloysius Travers OFM Cap. (1870-1957)
First row, fourth on the left: Fr. Salvator Maria Corrigan OFM Cap. (1835-1919)

Capuchin Friars and a Jaunting Car, County Cork

A view of two Capuchin friars taking a break from an excursion on a jaunting car near Rochestown in County Cork in c.1908. The two friars may be Fr. Jarlath Hynes OFM Cap. (1867-1918) and Fr. Casimir Butler OFM Cap. (1876-1958).

Finn’s Leinster Journal

Founded by Edmund Finn in 1767, this newspaper was published in Kilkenny twice weekly (on Wednesdays and Saturdays). It also included local news from surrounding counties including Carlow, Kildare, Tipperary, and Waterford. Following the death of her husband in 1777, Catherine Finn took over the running of the paper. It was subsequently published as the 'Leinster Journal' (1801-1830), and the 'Kilkenny Journal and Leinster Commercial and Literary Advertiser' (1832-1922). The file includes the following editions:
1782
30 Mar. 1782 (Vol. XVI, No. 27)
10 Apr. 1782 (Vol. XVI, No. 30)
1789
7 Jan. 1789 (Vol. XXIII, No. 3)-12 Dec. 1789 (Vol. XXIII, No. 100)
1792
21 Jan. 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 7)
28 Mar. 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 26)
31 Mar. 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 27)
6 June 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 46)
9 June 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 47)
20 June 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 50)
14 July 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 57)
18 July 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 58)
8 Aug. 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 64)
11 Aug. 1792 (Vol. XXVI, No. 65)
1794
17 Dec. 1794 (Vol. XXVI, No. 102)
1796
13 Jan. 1796 (Vol. XXX, No. 5)-14 Dec. 1796 (Vol. XXX, No. 101)

1799
19 June 1799 (Vol. XXXIII, No. 41)
*Both the 1789 and 1796 runs are largely complete. Most of the editions in these years are bound together with cotton twine.

Flier for Brian Boru Fete

Flier for Brian Boru Fete and prize draw ‘to reduce a heavy debt of £3,800’ on Father Mathew Hall, Church Street. The first prize is a pony trap and harness, ‘a gift of a friend (the harness, a gift of J. Donnelly, North King Street)’.

Expenditure and Receipt Book

Expenditure and receipt book for Father Mathew Hall, Church Street. The inside cover is annotated with a ‘History of Fr. Mathew Hall – copied from the other ledger (1881-1926)’. The history reads: ‘1891: Hall in Church St. formally opened up by Archbishop Walsh. Fr. Columbus Maher OSFC (President)’. The history chronicles extensions, leases and other financial matters concerning the Hall property. The remainder of the volume is made up of expenditure and receipt accounts from Sept. 1934-Sept. 1937. Expenditure is listed under the headings of details, cash and cheques. Receipts are listed under details, cash, total and lodgements. The entries include figures for rents (to the Merchant Tailors), rates (to Dublin Corporation) and the sales of tickets for pantomimes and for various badges, medals, certificates and other paraphernalia.

Letters from John Earley, stained glass artist and church decorator

Letters from John Earley, stained glass artist and church decorator, Upper Camden Street, Dublin, regarding the design and installation of windows and door panels at the Capuchin Church and Friary, Walkin Street, Kilkenny. The file includes letters to Fr. Jarlath Hynes OSFC, Fr. Berchmans Cantillon OSFC and Messrs Ashlin & Coleman, architects. Other works referred to include the erection of a tabernacle and canopy over the altar and a pulpit ‘made of the best selected Sicilian marble …’.

Letter from John Earley to Fr. Jarlath Hynes OSFC

Letter from John Earley, stained glass artist and church decorator, Upper Camden Street, Dublin, to Fr. Jarlath Hynes OSFC regarding designs of the tabernacle and canopy of the High Altar in the Capuchin Friary Church on Walkin Street in Kilkenny.

Notes on the history of the Capuchins in Kilkenny

Assorted notes by Fr. Angelus Healy OFM Cap. on the history of the Capuchins in Kilkenny. Most of the notes are loose and fragmentary. The more substantial records include:
• ‘The Capuchins in Kilkenny / 1643-1937 / The Capuchins in Walkin Street’.
• Notes on the ‘names of Friars who died in Kilkenny, with the dates of death, place of burial, and inscriptions on tombstones’. The list covers circa 1647-1930.
• Manuscript extract from 'The Kilkenny Journal', 30 Oct. 1875, referring to the first reception of novices in Kilkenny.
• Extract from 'The Kilkenny Journal', 18 Mar. 1876, on the ‘impressive ceremony of the clothing of four novices … at the Church of St. Francis, Walkin Street … celebrated by Fr. Albert Mitchell OSFC’.
• Extract from 'The Kilkenny Journal', 4 Nov. 1876, referring to the celebration of the Feast of All Saints at the Capuchin Friary, Kilkenny.
• Transcripts of Latin documents referring to Capuchins connected with Kilkenny (primarily in the seventeenth century) including extracts from Fr. Robert O’Connell’s 'Historia Missionis Hibernicae Capucinorum' (Bibliothéque de Troyes, MS 706); a eulogy on Fr. Sebastian Butler OSFC (d. July 1647); a eulogy on Fr. Thomas Tuite OSFC (d. 12 Sept. 1649).
• Newspaper cutting referring to Fr. John Brenan (d. 1847) of Kilkenny, author of the 'Ecclesiastical History of Ireland'.
• Note asking the question ‘Was the Capuchin Convent closed after the death of Father Peter Joseph Mulligan OSFC in 1853’?
• Biographical notes on Fr. Peter Joseph Mulligan OSFC: ‘His life in Ireland was spent entirely in Kilkenny where he died on December 4th 1853’.
• Obituaries for Fr. Felix Duggan OSFC (d. 22 June 1847); Fr. Augustine Dunne OSFC (d. 19 Mar. 1860); Fr. Aloysius Hennessy OSFC (d. 2 Dec. 1879). Copy obituary articles taken from 'The Kilkenny Journal'.
• ‘The Capuchins in Kilkenny’. Copy text from 'The History and Antiquities of the Diocese of Ossory'.

Healy, Angelus, 1875-1953, Capuchin priest

Photographic prints of St. Francis’ Abbey, Kilkenny

Photographic prints by William Lawrence (1840-1932) of St. Francis’ Abbey, Kilkenny. Robert French (1841-1917) was the chief photographer responsible for photographing three quarters of the Lawrence Collection which is now held in the National Library of Ireland. The printed caption numbers read: 1463-6. W.L.

Resultados 441 a 450 de 3110