Imprimir vista previa Cerrar

Mostrando 38 resultados

Descripción archivística
Irish Capuchin Archives Irish Capuchin Archives O’Reilly, Daniel Patrick, 1831-1894, Capuchin priest
Imprimir vista previa Hierarchy Ver :

3 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

Memorandum of agreement between Thomas Douglas Yourell and Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly

Memorandum of agreement between Thomas Douglas Yourell and Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly OSFC and Fr. James Edward Tommins OSFC regarding the furnishing of title to 47 North King Street by Thomas Douglas Yourell and his right to convey the said properties free from encumbrances and freed and discharged from the annuity to Rosetta Yourell referred to in the deed of 21 Mar. 1863 (See CA CS/2/2/4/17). With copy.

Correspondence relating to the lease of 48 North King Street

Correspondence regarding a legal dispute arising out of a lease of 48 North King Street offered by the Capuchin friars to Patrick Macken. On 14 Dec. 1871, Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly OSFC wrote to Macken offering him a lease of the said premises at the yearly rent of £38. Correspondents include Terence O’Reilly, solicitor, Patrick Macken and Henry Oldham, solicitor, 42 Fleet Street, Dublin. A note from Fr. Seraphin Van Damme OSFC is also included in the file. It reads ‘Make Mr. T. O’Reilly hasten with the maps and valuation of N. King Street properties and N. Brunswick Street to get the faculty from Rome for selling them’.

Copy Draft lease of Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly and Fr. James Edward Tommins to Patrick Macken

Copy draft lease of Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly OSFC and Fr. James Edward Tommins OSFC to Patrick Macken, grocer and wine merchant, of no. 48 North King Street, for 100 years at the yearly rent of £36. An annotation on title page reads: ‘approved of as altered on part of lessors, Terence O’Reilly, 9 Mar. 1874’.

Assignment by Mary Anne Magrane to Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly

Memorandum of agreement between Mary Anne Magrane, widow, Church Street, and Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly OSFC and other Capuchin friars, North King Street, regarding the purchase of the houses and premises known as nos. 22-23 Bow Street held by the former under a lease (dated 1 Jan. 1849) from William Bagot for the life of the Duke of Leinster or for the residue of a term of 31 years at the yearly rent of £18. The purchase price is stated as £250. With draft (28 Nov. 1874) compiled by Terence O’Reilly, solicitor, 5 North Great George’s Street.

House Account Book

Account book giving details of donations and collections for the Church Street Friars. Reference is made to the collections for vestments and to the sale of Adoration Cards (Oct. 1852). Information is given in respect of the name of the donator and the amount received. Reference is made to Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly OSFC (d. 1894) and to Fr. Albert Mitchell OSFC (1826-1893). A short note re expenditure from January-February 1850 is made on the final the page including the payment of £8 8s for ‘rent for school’.

History of the Capuchin Novitiate in Kilkenny, 1875-1877

A history of the Capuchin novitiate in Kilkenny, 1875-77 by Fr. Angelus Healy OFM Cap. Referring to the decision to found a novitiate, Fr. Angelus wrote ‘In the month of May 1875 a visitation of the Irish Custody was made by Very Rev. Arsenius, the Provincial of Paris Province. At the conclusion of the visitation he called the Custos [Fr. Patrick O’Reilly OSFC] and his two assistants [Fr. Edward Tommins OSFC and Fr. Aloysius Hennessy OSFC]. They met in our Convent at Dublin on May 25th. At this meeting it was decided to apply to our Superiors General in Rome, for permission to establish a Novitiate for the Irish Custody’. The novitiate was transferred from Kilkenny to Rochestown on 14 Feb. 1877. Fr. Angelus concludes by noting that the ‘account of the Novitiate in Rochestown from 1877 to 1886, when it returned to Kilkenny may be given in another paper’.

Healy, Angelus, 1875-1953, Capuchin priest

Transcribed Documents relating to Father Mathew

• Notes from the register of the Dublin Capuchin community re novitiate arrangements in the early nineteenth century. It reads ‘Fr. Celestine Corcoran, Provincial Minister, in a letter to the Fr. General on Sept. 2nd 1815 mentions that he had arranged with the “Patre Provinciale Baeticae” to send young men to be received in that province. Six young men were received in the Convent of Seville, Spain, on Sunday, November 19th 1815, and were professed there on November 24th 1816. … At the request of Fr. Mathew in accordance with a decree of the Sacred Congregation of Regular Discipline of Dec. 20, 1825, the Convent of Frascati was appointed as a novitiate for Irish novices. … Irish friars were received also in Convents in Italy, and in Fr. Mathew’s time (1850) four were received in Bruges, Frs. Tommins, Dillon, Mitchell, and O’Reilly, and in the following year (1851) five entered in Frascati, Frs. Muldoon, Rourke, Dunne, Knaresboro and Maher’. The file also includes notes relating to Fr. Mathew taken from the Capuchin General Archives in Rome. The notes refer to the appointment of Fr. Mathew as Provincial Minister of the Irish Capuchins from c.1813-52. ‘In a letter to the Fr. General dated Sept. 2nd 1815, he signs himself “Provincialis Hiberniae”’. Also includes a copy of the decree by which the Irish Capuchins were permitted to have a novitiate in their houses in Ireland dated 29 May 1808. It is noted that a copy of this decree is preserved in the Franciscan Library, Merchants’ Quay, Dublin. Typescript, 3 pp.
• Extracts from the account book of the Capuchin Friary in Cork relating to the building of Holy Trinity (Father Mathew Memorial) Church. The extracts were compiled by Br. Nessan Shaw OFM Cap. The notes refer to the difficulties in securing funding for the completion of the church. It reads ‘During the great excitement of the temperance movement Fr. Mathew was pressed from many parts of Ireland to allow the church to be finished by subscriptions of teetotallers but would not allow the matter to be accomplished’. The following statement of accounts is also given in the notes:
‘Mr. Anthony, contracting architect received £13,000
Sir Thomas Deane & Co. received £1,000
Since 1848 to various parties £2,500
Total: £16,500
Collection made in 1854: £500
Total: £17,000’
Manuscript, 3 pp.
• Copy letter of Fr. Theobald Mathew OSFC to David O’Meara, his secretary, affirming that he is attending to his sick brother in Kenmare, County Kerry. 30 Jan. 1848. Typescript, 1 p.
• Copy letter of Fr. Theobald Mathew OSFC to Larry Egan, Herbert Park, Gardiner’s Hill, Cork, regarding his life assurance which he has assigned to William Rathborne of Liverpool, merchant. 11 May 1849. Manuscript, 1 p.
• Copy letter from Fr. Theobald Mathew OSFC to Symon Carew, 96 Lower Mount Street, Dublin, re his brother’s (Charles) illness and the payment of rent. He writes ‘The persons who at present hold the land are no tenants of mine, neither have I any control over them. The will continue to keep possession and pay no rent’. 5 Feb. 1848. Typescript, 1 p.
• Copy letters of Fr. Theobald Mathew OSFC from Maurice Denham Jephson, 'An Anglo-Irish Miscellany / Some Records of the Jephsons of Mallow' (Dublin: Allen & Figgis, 1964). The three copy letters are from Fr. Mathew to Lady Browne and Sir Denham Jephson-Norreys, (1799-1888), MP for Mallow, and date from 2 July 1844-5 Nov. 1844. Printed, 4 pp.
• Copy letter from Fr. Theobald Mathew OSFC to Mrs Cronin re an Altar Stone consecrated by the late Pope Gregory XVI which he is happy to forward on to her. 24 July 1846. A note appended to the letter reads ‘The original [letter] is in the South Presentation Convent, Douglas Street, Cork / The original, from which I typed this copy, is in the hand of one of the secretaries of Fr. Mathew, David O’Meara’. Typescript, 1 p.
• Copy letter from Fr. Theobald Mathew OSFC to the Rev. Guardian [possibly Fr. Vincent McLeod OSFC] re an accusation that Fr. Laurence O’Flynn OSFC (1807-1863) had ‘repeatedly hunted upon and destroyed game’ on the lands of Reginald Greene. Fr. Mathew writes ‘That a member of the Capuchin Order should subject himself to such a charge, and partake of such amusements, must fill a religious mind with horror. You will Rev. Father Guardian deliver the enclosed obedience to the Rev. Father O’Flynn, and take care that my mandate shall be strictly obeyed’. The letter is dated at Cork, 20 Sept. 1846. With a typed copy of the letter in Italian held in the Capuchin General Archives in Rome. Typescript, 2 pp.

Register of Masses

Register of masses at St. Mary of the Angels. The title page includes various annotations including a reference to Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly OSFC (1831-1894). The Mass entries are periodically signed by the Provincial Minister at visitations.

Articles of Agreement of William Lygon Pakenham, 4th Earl of Longford, and Thomas Vesey, 3rd Viscount de Vesci, with Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly

Articles of Agreement of William Lygon Pakenham, 4th Earl of Longford, and Thomas Vesey, 3rd Viscount de Vesci, with Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly OSFC relating to the purchase (for £1,000) of premises on the west side of Church Street whereupon a Roman Catholic Church is built.

Abstract of title of William Lygon Pakenham, 4th Earl of Longford, and Thomas Vesey, 3rd Viscount de Vesci, to premises on Church Street

Abstract of title of William Lygon Pakenham, 4th Earl of Longford, and Thomas Vesey, 3rd Viscount de Vesci, to premises on Church Street whereupon a Roman Catholic Church is built. The abstract provides a recital of title to this property commencing with the grant of lands by letters patent by King James II to the Most Rev. Michael Boyle, Archbishop of Dublin, on 13 June 1685 (See CA CS/2/2/1/1). The abstract concludes with reference to articles of agreement between the aforementioned William, Earl of Longford and Thomas, Viscount de Vesci (vendors) and Fr. Daniel Patrick O’Reilly OSFC (purchaser) of 4 May 1869 to sell the above-noted plot of ground subject to a quit rent of 6s 1d a year and for the sum of £1,000. The agreement specifies a number of terms including the furnishing by the vendors of an abstract of title in fee simple to the said premises on Church Street. The abstract should commence with the will of Charles Dunbar (3 Oct. 1778) ‘and the purchaser shall not require any evidence of the seizin or ownership of the said testator but should presume the premises passed under the residuary devise contained in the said will’. Other terms relate to inspection of deeds of title and arrangements regarding the payments of the purchase money. The file also includes copies of many of the deeds referred to in the foregoing abstract:
• Copy will of Charles Dunbar. 3 Oct. 1778.
• Copy memorial of Sir Hugh Dillon Massey and John Dillon to Thomas Vesey, 1st Viscount de Vesci and Edward Michael Pakenham, 2nd Baron Longford concerning the assignment of legacies. 14 Feb. 1784.
• Copy declaration of trust between the Honourable Thomas Pakenham, Edward Michael Pakenham, 2nd Baron Longford, and Thomas Vesey, 1st Viscount de Vesci. 25 Apr. 1789.

Resultados 11 a 20 de 38