Showing 39 results

Archival description
Kavanagh, Stanislaus, 1876-1965, Capuchin priest
Advanced search options
Print preview Hierarchy View:

16 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Canonical Election of Discreet

Declaration of the result for the canonical election of the discreet for the Capuchin community on Church Street. The declaration lists votes from the community members and declares that Fr. Benedict Phelan OSFC is elected enabling him to attend the Provincial Chapter. It is noted that there are seventeen friars present in the community. The declaration is signed by Fr. Angelus Healy OSFC and Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OSFC.

Capuchin Friars on a Bridge

A group of Capuchin friars on a partially ruined bridge in a rural setting possibly in County Kilkenny. The group includes Fr. Sylvester Mulligan OFM Cap. (1875-1950) and Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OFM Cap. (1876-1965).

Capuchin Friars walking in a walled garden

A view of several Capuchin friars walking in a walled garden. The group includes (from left to right):
Fr. Bonaventure Murphy OFM Cap. (1880-1968). His hand is partially obscuring his face.
Fr. Augustine Hayden OFM Cap. (1870-1954)
Fr. Matthew O'Connor OFM Cap. (1859-1930)
Fr. Peter Bowe OFM Cap. (1856-1926)
Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OFM Cap. (1876-1965)

Capuchin Friars, Church Street, Dublin

A group portrait of several Capuchin friars outside the Capuchin Friary on Church Street in Dublin. The photograph may have been taken on the occasion of a jubilee celebration for Fr. Salvator Maria Corrigan OFM Cap. The group includes:
Standing at door: Fr. Benedict Phelan OFM Cap. (1874-1947)
Second row, first on the left: Fr. Angelus Healy OFM Cap. (1875-1953)
Second row, second on the left: Br. Felix Harte OFM Cap. (1861-1935)
Second row, third on the left: Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OFM Cap. (1875-1965)
Second row, fourth on the left: Fr. Peter Bowe OFM Cap. (1856-1926)
Second row, fifth on the left: Fr. Columbus Murphy OFM Cap. (1881-1962)
Second row, sixth on the left: Br. Leo Cronin OFM Cap. (1859-1949)
First row, first on the left: Fr. Sylvester Mulligan OFM Cap. (1975-1950)
First row, second on the left: Fr. Aloysius Travers OFM Cap. (1870-1957)
First row, fourth on the left: Fr. Salvator Maria Corrigan OFM Cap. (1835-1919)

Capuchin Friars, Holy Trinity Friary, Cork

A group of four Capuchin friars in the garden of Holy Trinity Friary, Cork. The cover indicates that the friars are (from left) Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OFM Cap. (1876-1965), Fr. John Butler OFM Cap. (1873-1950), Fr. Bernadine Harvey OFM Cap. (1874-1953) and Fr. Joseph Fenlon OFM Cap. (1875-1963). The original glass plate of this image is at CA PH/1/58.

Capuchin Friars, Holy Trinity Friary, Cork

Photographic print of a group of Capuchin friars in the garden of Holy Trinity Friary. The group includes first on the left, Fr. Angelus Healy OSFC (1975-1953), third from the left, Fr. Camillus Killian OSFC (1872-1941), fifth from the left, Fr. Albert Bibby OSFC (1877-1925), third from the right, Fr. Bernardine Harvey OSFC (1874-1953), and first on the right, Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OSFC (1876-1965).
Photographer/Studio: Guy Studio, Cork.
An annotation in faint pencil on the reverse reads: ‘Taken in Holy Trinity garden by a most cross and irritable German from Guy’s’.

Capuchin Friars, Holy Trinity Friary, Cork

Two plates showing a group of four Capuchin friars in the garden of Holy Trinity Friary, Cork. The cover indicates that the friars are (from left) Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OFM Cap. (1876-1965), Fr. John Butler OFM Cap. (1873-1950), Fr. Bernadine Harvey OFM Cap. (1874-1953) and Fr. Joseph Fenlon OFM Cap. (1875-1963).

Capuchin Friars, Kilkenny

A group of Capuchin friars in Kilkenny in about 1907. The title, ‘Conradh na Gaeilge’ (Gaelic League), has been superimposed on the original glass plate. Many of the Capuchin friars were fluent Irish speakers. Some like Fr. Augustine Hayden OFM Cap. and Fr. Albert Bibby OFM Cap. were also enthusiastic members of the Gaelic League, regularly preaching in the native language in Gaeltacht areas. This group includes Fr. Albert Bibby OFM Cap. (standing, first on the right) and Fr. Columbus Murphy OFM Cap. (standing, fifth from the left) who later ministered to rebel combatants in the 1916 Rising. Other friars in the group include Fr. Stanislaus Kavanagh OFM Cap. (standing, fourth from the left) and Fr. Bonaventure Murphy OFM Cap. (standing, third from the right).

Commentarius Rinuccinanus

A file containing ‘Lastre a gelatine bromuro d’argento … di Cappelli, Milano’ box containing four large plate reproductions of an original manuscript. The box cover gives two dates of 1906 and 1911 (probably company awards). A faint manuscript annotation on the box reads: ‘Catalogo Campione’. The manuscript is titled on the first plate: ‘De haeresis Anglicanae in Iberniam intrusione et progressu, et de Bell Catholico ad annum 1641 caepto, exindeque per aliquot gesto, Commentarius’. The plates are images of the original copy of the ‘Commentarius Rinuccinanus’ held in the Archivio Storico Milano. The original text was destroyed in a bombing raid on Milan during the Second World War.

Results 1 to 10 of 39